7″ Deep Storm Resistant Louver; extruded aluminum construction; frame with channel profile; corner joints mitered and mechanically fastened, with continuous recessed caulking channel each side; intermediate mullions matching frame; gutters to drain rain water to jamb and mullion downspouts; rated for an air performance and water penetration maintained effectiveness rate of 0.99 when tested in accordance with AM-CA 500-L.
- Maintains Class A rating with 29mph wind velocity @ 3 in/hr rainfall rate @ Max. intake core velocity – 989 fpm (5.0 m/s)
- Maintains Class A rating with 50mph wind velocity @ 8 in/hr rainfall rate @ Max. intake core velocity—786 fpm (4.0 m/s)
- Beginning point of water penetration (@0.01oz. / ft2 of free area)—915 fpm (4.6 m/s)
- Intake pressure drop at beginning point of water penetration – 0.19 in. wg (47 Pa)
- Free Area: 54 % , based on a test sample of 48 in (1219 mm) x 48 in (1219 mm)
- Intake pressure drop @ 1,000 fpm free area velocity—0.23 in. wg (57 Pa)
- Intake Discharge loss coefficient Classification —Class 3
- Exhaust Discharge loss coefficient Classification —Class 2
WIND DRIVEN RAIN PERFORMANCE
- The louver test was based on a 39.375 in. (1.0 m) x 39.375 in. (1.0 m) core area unit tested at a rainfall rate of 3 in. per hour (75 mm/hr) and with a wind directed to the face of the louver at a velocity 29mph (13 m/s) as well as a rainfall rate of 8” per hour (203 mm) and a wind of 50 mph (23.3 m/s). The test data shall show the water penetration effectiveness rating at each corresponding ventilation rate.